NCYSA Families and Member Clubs:
Over the past few weeks, our state has been impacted heavily due to devastation from Hurricane Florence. As a soccer community, we have been very concerned for all our member clubs, particularly those on the coast and have been focused on how best to support them in this time of recovery and rebuilding.
The amazing thing about North Carolina and our NC soccer family is that in times such as these, we see such an outpouring of generosity and support. This happens not only by means of actions and donations, but through a genuine concern for their fellow neighbor.
This is what makes NC different and show how STRONG we are as community.
We have heard stories of families from the coastal clubs who have experienced such hardship and lost their homes, possessions, their livelihoods, and whose worlds have been rocked. Children who have missed school and other activities due to the flood damage and devastation.
At the same time, all our member clubs across the state have experienced cancelled matches, some for multiple weekends that need to be replayed.
After much discussion and consideration on how best to reschedule these matches AND support our members that are hurting right now, we came up with the NCYSA CAROLINA STRONG FESTIVAL.
NCYSA has supported moving all cancelled league matches (from 9/15-16 and 9/22-23) that were hosted by a Coastal Club or set to be played against a Coastal Club team, to be reschedule at the NCYSA CAROLINA STRONG FESTIVAL on NOVEMBER 17th and 18th in Wilmington, NC.
Here are the details:
- Teams with games that were included in this reschedule would be rebooked on either the 17th or 18th. If teams only had one game to replay and would like a second friendly match scheduled for them, we can accommodate that. Please email email@example.com.
- Over the next few weeks, we will assign your date and time for your rescheduled match.
- Teams would be responsible for their referee fees for their match just as a league match.
- These matches would count towards NCYSA League standings and teams would follow league rules for rosters and carding purposes.
- In support of our coastal communities, each (non-coastal club) team who has a rescheduled match would be asked for a “recommended donation” of $250 per team. These monies, along with other fundraising efforts for this weekend, will be distributed directly throughout our affected Coastal Club members. Along with your donations, hotel rebates, t-shirt profits, concessions, etc will be given directly back to our Coastal Clubs.
We will send out more information with details on how to donate and where to find updated event specifics shortly.
WE STAND STRONG TOGETHER. The NCYSA Carolina Strong Festival is just another example of teams and families showing our affected Coastal Clubs and communities that we care; we are there for you and WE STAND STRONG with you as you begin to rebuild.
Understanding that many of you are interested in other ways to support our Coastal communities beyond rescheduling your matches to this fundraising weekend, we will also add contact information with needs and donation opportunities on our site soon.
THANK YOU TO WILMINGTON HAMMERHEADS YOUTH FOR PARTNERING WITH NCYSA TO PUT ON THIS FUNDRAISING EVENT FOR OUR AFFECTED ASSOCIATIONS!